10365819_10202784099424293_335672168087756618_n

Michael Conforto (C) Cliff Zeman

The New York Mets have called up Michael Conforto from the Binghamton Mets. Conforto was Drafted by the Mets in the 1st round of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR). He was the 10th overall pick.

Conforto joined the Cyclones on July 19th, 2014. In 42 games in Brooklyn, Conforto batted .331 with 3 homers, 19 RBIs & 10 doubles.

He began the 2015 season with the St. Lucie Mets, hitting .283 with 7 homers and 28 RBIs and 12 doubles. On May 29th, he was promoted to the Binghamton Mets where he appeared in 45 games, hitting .312 with 5 homers and 26 RBI along with 12 doubles.

Conforto will be the 53rd member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will be the 36th to make his debut with the Mets and 37th to play for the Mets. He will be the 1st member of the 2014 Cyclones to make the Majors.

  1. […] Nimmo began the 2015 season with Binghamton before being promoted to Las Vegas, the same day Michael Conforto got promoted. He began the 2016 season in Las Vegas with Wally Backman, where he was hitting .328 with 16 […]

    Like

  2. […] Conforto spent the 2014 season in Brooklyn. He made his MLB debut with the Mets in 2015 […]

    Like

  3. […] Cyclones manager to date. His favorite players to date have been Angel Pagan, Darrel Cecilliani, Michael Conforto & Michael Katz. His favorite giveaway so far was the New York Jets style football jersey. His […]