10520767_664596810314242_3982329044859539172_n

Casey Meisner

Earlier today, the New York Mets acquired Tyler Clippard from the Oakland Athletics. In exchange, the A’s will receive RHP Casey Meisner.

Meisner was orignally drafted by the New York Mets in the 3rd round of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Cypress Woods HS in Cypress, TX.

Meisner spent the 2013 season with the Gulf Coast League Mets, going 1-3 in 10 games, 4 of them being starts.

He was promoted to Brooklyn for the 2014 season at the young age of 19. He started 13 games got the Cyclones going 5-3 with an ERA of 3.75. In 62.1 innings pitched, he gave up 67 hits, 35 runs, 26 earned, 10 homers, 33 walks and struck out 89.

With the season on the line and the team in a must win game, Meisner pitched a gem of the game to lift the Cyclones over the Yankees at RCB Ballpark.

Meisner began the 2015 season with the Savannah Sand Gnats. In 12 starts, Meisner went 7-2, posing an ERA of 2.13. He pitched 76 innings, giving up 59 hits, 20 runs, 18 earned, along with 6 homers and 19 walks. He did strike out 66 batters.

On June 27th, Meisner was promoted to the St. Lucie Mets. In St. Lucie, he started 6 games going to 3-2 with an ERA of 2.83. He pitched 35 innings, giving up 35 hits, 17 runs, 11 earned, 4 homers, 14 walks while striking out 23.