qmeme_1438699122641_558It’s time for another update with little bits of news & tidbits for the fans, as none of these stories warrant individual articles.

Wishing Cliff Zeman Well

11825099_10204941284152563_9147029252196849575_nThis past Friday, longtime Cyclones fan and photographer Cliff Zeman, aka Brooklyn-Cameras, was injured in a car accident. He suffered a broken leg, but is doing well otherwise.

Here is what he wrote on Facebook

I was entered into a demolition derby on the Southern State Pkwy Fri. evening…. Seems as if I loss. Four car pile up, luckily only myself in the car. One guy stopped and the rest of us could’t, I had the squeeze play performed on my car front and rear….. one broken foot. Could have been a lot worse for sure, good old air bags save the day.

I wish him well and hope to see him back at MCU Park soon!

Wolf to Cover Games 4 Road Games

10157143_790890100931365_6054750782235510992_nDavid “the Wolf” Pecroraro, who covers a good chunk of the Friday games that I can’t attend is taking a road trip to Lowell & Vermont the next few days.

He will be in the Press Box for the final game against the Lowell Spinners in LeLacheur Park and all 3 in against the Vermont Lake Monsters at Centennial Field. He will be writing all the post game reports giving me some days off.

Flatbush Hatzoloh Tops NYPD 16-4

Photo Courtesy of Gershon Rabinowitz

Photo Courtesy of Gershon Rabinowitz

Last night, MCU Park hosted a charity softball game between Flatbush Hatzoloh & the NYPD. Hatzoloh, the Jewish ambulance service, took a 7-0 lead after 1 and did not look back, en route to a 16-4 victory.

Before the game, the families of fallen NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos threw out the 1st pitch.

August 25th: Brooklyn Brawl

1798853_671426936322371_6551043264108039319_nDue to MCU Park hosting Brooklyn Brawl, I will not be making the trip up to Wappinger Falls. As much as I love going to Dutchess Stadium to cover the Brooklyn Cyclones game against the Hudson Valley Renegades, the cost is high and it’s a time consuming trip that gets me home very late.

I will possibly be covering the boxing match for Brooklyn Baseball Banter.

August 26th: Group Outing

Sidd Finch BobbleReminding everyone that on August 26th, I will be hosting a group outing on Wednesday, August 26th, when the Cyclones give out Bobbleheads of Sidd Finch.

Tickets are $10. If we get 20 people, we all get hats.

CLICK HERE for the event page.

  1. […] Zeman: Even though he missed most of the season due to an injury, his photos from years past, and of other events I do are always a big help. He never charges for […]

    Like

  2. […] Zeman. Even though he missed most of the season due to an injury, his photos from years past, and of other events I do are always a big help. He never charges for […]