Dawrin Frias

In an unprecedented move in Brooklyn Cyclones history, a player has been traded from the Brooklyn Cyclones to a New York – Penn League opponent.

Dawrin Frias, who has appeared in 4 games for the Cyclones this season, has been traded to the Oakland Athletics. He will report to the Vermont Lake Monsters, who the Cyclones are playing tonight.

He is the Player to be Named Later to conclude the deal that sent LHP Eric O’Flaherty and cash from the A’s to the Mets on Tuesday.

For his career as a Met, he started off as a member of the DSL Mets in 2009 at the age of 17. He was with the GCL Mets in 2010 & the Kingsport Mets in 2011 before becoming to Brooklyn in 2012, where he would stay for 2013. He appeared in 1 game for the St. Lucie Mets in 2013, before spending the 2014 season in Savannah.

Frias began the 2015 season at extended spring training before going to Single-A Savannah Sand Gnats on May 5. In 15 appearances out of the bullpen, he went 0-2 with an 8.71 ERA and a save.

He was transferred to Brooklyn Cyclones on July 19th to fill the spot of Christian Montgomery, who was promoted that day.

In his 4 appearances with the Brooklyn Cyclones, Frias pitched 8 innings, giving up 5 runs, 4 earned, and struck out 10 of the 38 batters faced, posting an ERA of 3.38.

In 3 seasons in Brooklyn, Frias posted a record of 3-3 in 22 total games. He started 4 (all in 2013) and closed out 4. He posted an ERA of 4.38, as he gave up 38 runs, 30 earned, in 61.2 innings pitched. He gave up 23 walks and struck out 71 batters. He faced 272 batters total in his 3 seasons as a member of the Brooklyn Cyclones.

  1. […] Blank spent the 2015 season with the Brooklyn cyclones, posting an ERA of 9.00 in 20 games, finishing 10 of them and starting 2, including an emergency start when Dawrin Frias was traded to the A’s. […]

    Like

  2. […] why Dawrin Frias wasn’t making the spot start – was he injured too? Then I found out he was traded across the infield to the Vermont Lake Monsters to complete the trade between the parent clubs (Mets & A’s) which netted the surging Mets […]