qmeme_1439562369884_611The Cyclones bats were dead last night, as their losing streak reached three games. Despite good pitching, they were unable to produce anything of value from a lackluster lineup with 3 sub-.200 hittters.

State College got their first run of the game in the Top of the 2nd. Orlando Olivera hit a 1-out single to right. Ronnierd Garcia flew out and Jose Godoy tripled to center, scoring Oliverato make it 1-0.

Kevin Canelon

Kevin Canelon

The Spikes would get another in the Top of the 7th. With one out, Garcia singled to center. Godoy singled as well, moving Garcia to 3rd. Jesse Jenner hit a sac fly to score Garcia.

Despite a decent pitching performance from Canelon who finished with 11 strikeouts and 2 runs, the Cyclones only managed 6 hits and no walks, resulting in the inability of advancing a runner 3rd and getting shutout. Johnny Magliozzi & Carlos Valdez each threw a shutout inning in relief.

LSSCLossBOX SCORE & PLAY BY PLAY

  1. […] During last night’s game, Mike was in attendance & came over to Section 16 to lead the chant at one point. He got lucky that Kevin Canelon fanned 11 batters. […]