11863365_10206316221757878_8819620621453030086_nWith the 2016 All Star Game taking place in Hudson Valley next season, I am considering organizing a bus to go from Brooklyn to Dutchess Stadium for the game.

As we have months to go, a lot of this is in the early planning stages. Here are a few things I would like to inform fans about now.

I would like to keep the cost of a maximum of $45 per person. The $45 would include a round trip bus, a game ticket & possibly a t-shirt.

Daniel Weiss

Daniel Weiss

For this to work, a minimum of 10 people will be needed for the smallest coach bus available.

If there is a good amount of people signing up, I am willing to rent a bus that holds up to 24 people. I will not exceed 24 due to costs. My choice of buses is the 24 passenger Executive Coach bus from Apex Coach. It has 24 comfortable captain’s seats, 2 tables, & courtesy WiFi. It’s a 2 hour bus ride, so I would like everyone to be comfortable.

The important rule about every event I do is that EVERYONE must pay in advance & there will be NO REFUNDS at all. I am very strict about this. I will not accept excuses like “I’ll pay you on gameday” or “I’ll have the money soon.” A deadline will be set for sometime in July & strictly enforced. For those who cannot afford $45, if you set aside $5 a week starting now, you will have the money by November 1st.

Forms of payment accepted are cash, checks, & PayPal. I can process orders on my Square Reader, but there will be a fee.

If you make a commitment to this event, you will expected to keep it. I will not refund money after a certain point if you cannot make it. Please plan accordingly.

Game tickets will be included in the package. The pricing runs from $8 to $16, but I might be able to get a group rate. If people are willing to pay extra for a group packages that include free food, we can look into it, but it may cause the price to exceed $45. That will all be handled in the spring.

Sam Williams suggested we make t-shirts like The 7 Line does for their outings. I have sent an email to T7L about it.

This event is open to all, provided you pay. If you need a ride but don’t need a game ticket (ie press member, Cyclones staff), I will give you a reduced rate. SI Yankees fans are welcome to join us for the trip. While I would love to force all Yankees fans so sit in the back of the bus, there are laws against discrimination & segregation.

Stay tuned for more info in the coming months.

  1. Ashley says:

    I work in NYC & live in nearby Newburgh. I plan on going to the game. Can I get a discount if I don’t need a return trip?