reutemanPrior to tonight’s game, the Brooklyn Cyclones held a moment of silence for R.C. Reuteman, who served as Executive Vice President of the Brooklyn Cyclones from their inception in 2001 to 2003.

During his time, the Brooklyn Cyclones sold out every game prior to Opening Day.

No details were given on the cause of death or his age.

Reuteman worked for many teams in Minor League Baseball over the years, including a number of Mets farm teams, such as the Tidewater Tides, Binghamton Mets, and the Savannah Sand Gnats, as well as other teams, such as the Auburn Doubledays, Jacksonville Suns, Newark Bears & Worcester Tornadoes.

In a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter, Brooklyn Cyclones VP Steve Cohen had great things to say about Reuteman.

RC was not only instrumental to the success of the Cyclones but also a close personal friend to many of us. He will be missed.

Vic Christopher, who worked for the Brooklyn Cyclones as a Production Manager & Account Executive from 2001 to 2004, tweeted this about Reuteman.