Photo from UC Davis Athletics

With the injuries piling up for the Brooklyn Cyclones, the New York Mets have promoted RHP Raul Jacobson from the GCL Mets to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Jacobson attended the University of California – Davis and signed with the Schaumburg Boomers of the Frontier League, where he played with former Cyclones Center-fielder Tillman Pugh.

Jacobson started 10 games for Schaumburg, going 3-3 with an ERA of 2.77. He gave up 22 runs (20 earned) in 65 innings pitched, striking out 52.

His contract with Schaumburg was purchased a little over a week ago by the Mets. He appeared as a reliever for the GCL Mets, throwing 4.2 innings in 2 appearances, giving up 7 hits, 3 runs (1 earned) and striking out 4.

He will not start in place of the injured Andrew Church. He will most likely wear #10.

  1. […] playing with the GCL Mets, Jacobson was promoted to Brooklyn. Jacobson appeared in 3 games for the Cyclones in 2015, going throwing 13 innings, giving up 5 […]