MILBThe Brooklyn Cyclones have announced that the New York Mets promoted 2B Vinny Siena & 1B/OF/DH Jeff Diehl to the St. Lucie Mets.

They are the 2nd & 3rd players to leave the team this week, joining closer Alex Palsha.

Vinny Siena

Vinny Siena

Siena was the Mets 14th round draft pick from the UConn Huskies.

In 68 games in Brooklyn, Siena hit .273 with 6 doubles, a triple and 18 RBIs. He also stole 9 bases and drew 24 walks. He led the team with 32 runs scored & 69 hits.

Siena was the only position player on the Brooklyn to appear in the 2015 NYPL All Star Game.

Jeff Diehl

Jeff Diehl

Jeff Diehl appeared in 58 games this season for Brooklyn, his 2nd overall, hitting .289 leading the team.

Diehl led the team in home runs with 5, while collecting 52 hits, 12 doubles, & 20 RBIs. He also scored 31 runs and drew 28 walks.

For his Cyclones career, Diehl appeared in 94 games, hitting .279 with 19 doubles, a triple, 6 homers, 33 RBIs & 32 walks.