TO ALL MY LOYAL READERS,

11953281_10154216773117366_5797467956887443788_nIt’s hard to believe another season has ended. While the season did not end the way any of us wanted, I am happy to announce was a very good season for Brooklyn Baseball Banter as a site.

To start, I never thought I would get to 1,000 readers a day for a few years, but I averaged that this season (every day since June 18th)

Some other highlights include

With that being said, the following people all deserve a shout out for helping me out this season.

FROM THE BROOKLYN CYCLONES

Billy Harner: Billy always had answers for my questions and responds quickly. He is one of the best PR Directors in the NYPL. It also helps that we are the only team that has Game Notes that non-media can read.

Stu Johnson: As much as I wish I could attend every game, I cannot. Thanks to his amazing broadcasts, I know what goes on in every game I listen to. I hope that he continues to as the radio voice of the Brooklyn Cyclones for 2016.

Craig Coughlin: for always having answers in regards to giveaways, ticketing info and promotions.

VP Steve Cohen, GM Kevin Mahoney, Asst. GM Gary Perone: They were all of help in some way this season, usually by answering questions.

THOSE WHO GAVE BROOKLYN BASEBALL BANTER PRESS ACCESS

Taylor Polchinski & Kim Santoiemma (CUNYAC) JJ Duke (HV) Jon Boswell (Lowell) Paul Stanfield (Vermont) Chris Chenes (Tri-City) & Mark Fratto (Brooklyn Brawl)

THESE FANS WHO HELPED OUT

Cyclonesjpg

Gary Mack

Gary McDonald: Always promotes us on Cyclones Fevercast. It was also fun being a guest on his show & doing interviews for his show.

428878_4380275434731_1416684295_n

Cliff Zeman

Cliff Zeman: Even though he missed most of the season due to an injury, his photos from years past, and of other events I do are always a big help. He never charges for his services.

Jacob Resnick: There are stories he catches before me or sometimes informs me of. He deserves a thank you.

Mack Ade: I wrote a few articles for Mack’s Mets, which helped build my readership. However, I will not be returning to Macks Mets due to school & work.

THESE 2 GET THE BIGGEST THANKS

Written by David "The Wolf" Pecoraro

David “The Wolf” Pecoraro

David “The Wolf” Pecoraro: Was always of help for writing post-game reports for Friday home games. When he went to Staten Island, & Hudson Valley on Fridays, and on his trip to Lowell & Vermont, he gave me a few days off by covering the games. If I didn’t catch a road game on air & he did, he would fill me in on the details.

Aside from that, his extensive knowledge of baseball, the Cyclones, as well as math, was very helpful. His rides to/from Staten Island were also a huge help. He also catches mistakes & points out items I sometimes miss.

10415562_755043377849371_1277561827074725351_n

Pat Sanchez

Pat Sanchez: Hand’s down, Pat was THE biggest help of the season with her amazing photos.

Her tireless efforts have been such a help for me this season, that I do not know what I would do without her. Whenever I need pix of any player for an article, of fans, or whatever, she always takes them for me.

Best of all, she does it for free out of kindness to everyone: fans, players & their families as well as the ballpark staff.

I also wanna thank her for driving me back from Hudson Valley after a tough loss.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their continued readership this season. If it weren’t for the readers, there would be no point to this. Also, all the fans who participated in FAN REACTION articles were of help as well.

While I admit I wasn’t as on top of my game as last season, mainly because of my new job & the lackluster play, I look forward to covering the team once again next year.

With the season ending, I will not be posting as often, but I will try to do it once a week after the Jewish Holidays end. I have a long list of ideas the team could use to improve the ballpark & I might bring back Fan of the Week. I will also see where I can make improvements to the site, though I am content with the way things are for now.

To stay on top of all Cyclones news, join REAL BROOKLYN CYCLONES FANS & follow @bkbballbanter on Twitter. If you do not use social media, you can subscribe via email. Go all the way to the bottom of the page & look at the bottom left where it says Subscribe to Brooklyn Baseball Banter.

With the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur arriving, I would like ask everyone I may have offended or upset for forgiveness.

Thank you everyone for your support & make sure to follow during the off-season!

Card FrontYour pal,

Daniel S. Weiss

  1. DJ says:

    You did a great job covering the Cyclones this year!

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Debbie says:

    Kudos to you, Daniel. Great stuff this season. Wait Til Next Year.