The original date, July 15th, was called due to rain. Due to other events at MCU Park, and the Cyclones wanting to avoid scheduling it on a Jewish Holiday, the team the Season Ticket Holder Batting Practice after an 85 day delay.
The gates of MCU Park will open at 5pm and the event will run till about 7pm. Fans should bring their STH BP voucher. If they misplaced it, a season ticket holder card will suffice. If you do not have that, the team will have a list of the season ticket holders, so just give them your name.
If you cannot make the event and would like to give your voucher away to some of the fans who are looking, ask some of the fans in the Facebook Group: REAL BROOKLYN CYCLONES FANS. If you email the ticketing office, you can transfer your pass to someone else.
As fun as the Season Ticket Holder Batting Practice is, safety is very important. Here are a few tips that will help people avoid getting hit with a ball.
- Eyes on the ball being thrown to the batter. That one will travel the fastest to the field.
- Make sure the person you are throwing to is looking at you and ready to catch & make sure nobody is in the path of your throw.
- If you take photos, take them from the warning track (the synthetic dirt that is next to the stands). That will decrease your chances of getting hit by a ball. Selfies on the field are a bad idea when someone is batting. Getting people on the field to look at your camera while you are on the warning track is also a bad idea.
- If you plan on playing catch, do it in the outfield. Let’s try to keep the infield for those fielding BP.
- When you bat, if Gary Perone throws a ball at you, hit a comebacker at him.