Tom SignoreIn a recent interview with the New Haven Register, we were given an update on 2014 Brooklyn Cyclones Pitching Coach Tom Signore, who has missed the last season and a half due to a concussion.

As many of us know, Signore began the 2014 season as the Interim Pitching Coach for the Las Vegas 51s, filling in for Frank Viola. During warmups one day, Signore got hit in the head with a baseball and suffered a concussion. He managed to return to the field a few days later.

Signore served as Pitching Coach for the Cyclones from Opening Day until mid July, when symptoms related to the concussion began to act up again. Signore ended up missing the remainder of the 2014 season and even though he was named Pitching Coach for 2015, his symptoms began acting up during spring training. He was not medically cleared to return and on July 11th, he informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he would miss the season.

Signore has faced many issues since his injury, some of which may be permanent. As with any concussion, he has some problems remembering stuff.

Signore has been unable to see clearly out of his right eye. Flying in a pressurized air cabin causes him intense of pain. He has undergone hours of physical and occupational therapy.

Despite all the issues he faces, he has expressed his desire to return to the field. Signore hopes to continue with the Mets and return to Brooklyn, where he can instill his vast knowledge and years of experience on young players.

Signore also spends some time on Facebook, where he is known to socialize with the Cyclones fans who have befriended him. He also likes to get his baseball and political opinions in. He is also known to share pictures of his coaching days, clearly showing how eager he is to return to the baseball diamond.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150927/north-havens-tom-signore-coach-in-mets-system-working-way-back-from-concussion

NOTE FROM THE EDITOR

It should be noted that there is an inaccuracy in the article.

On June 16, Signore couldn’t even drive to the ballpark.

The issues actually arose in July, following a road trip and an off day.