IMG_0613On Friday, the Seattle Mariners fired Lloyd McClendon as Manager. With firing, a number of McClendon’s coaches were let go, including 3B Coach Rich Donnelly.

Donnelly served as Manager of the Brooklyn Cyclones from 2011 to 2013 posting an overall record of 128-97 (.568). He led the Cyclones to the Wild Card in 2011 & 2012, but the team fell short in the 1st Round both times.

Donnelly finished 2nd on the all time list in terms of wins as manager. Edgar Alfonzo, who managed the same amount of games in 2001, 2007 & 2008 went 146-79 (.648.)

It was leaked on December 12th, 2013 that Donnelly left the Mets to become the manager of the Tacoma Rainiers, the AAA Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. Donnelly would never manage a game for Tacoma, as he was named the Mariners 3B on March 7th, 2014, filling in for John Stearns. Stearns had a hernia operation and needed to recover.

With Gamboa unsure about next season, Donnelly could be a candidate for a job he once held.