12272904_10154403857907366_1560162756_n

Fans lining up outside of MCU Park for the Cyclones Garage Sale

The Brooklyn Cyclones first ever Garage Sale was deemed a success today, as the majority of the items were gone within minutes.

With some fans lining up as early as 6:00 am for the 9:00 am start, anyone who came after 9:15 missed out on many good items. With items prices at $1, $3, $5 & $10, the loyalists who came out to Coney Island were snatching up items as quickly as they could.

The front office was looking to dump old items at very low prices. Fitted New Era Caps for events such as July 4th & Irish Night that once sold in Cyclones City for $34.99 a few years ago were being sold for just $5.

A few rare items were available. Banners from Seinfeld Night & the 2005 NYPL All Star Game were quickly snatched up for just $10 each, as well as a 2014 NYPL ASG Zip up, which was once priced at $45+. A Hurricane Sandy damaged McNamara Division trophy also sold for $10.

Signed programs and team photos from the early seasons, as well as MAN HANDS from Seinfeld Night 2015 were sold for just a dollar.

An errant shipment of Las Vegas 51s Jerseys were quite popular with Mets fans, as many were able to get their hands on them for just $3 each. Other New York Mets items were available, such as Mets headphones and Mets caps.

In a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter, Cyclones Vice President Steve Cohen explained how the idea of the Garage Sale came to fruition. “We had plenty of old items taking up space in the ballpark and we thought about how we could get rid of them. After much thought, we came up with the idea of a garage sale so the fans could have them.”

While the sale was scheduled to run from until noon, the event ended before 11:00, as the team had sold most items.

An employee from the organization told Brooklyn Baseball Banter that “[t]he event went as well as we expected. We managed to clear out an inventory of items we no longer needed.”

The source also added “We will most likely consider doing it again, but it might not happen for a few years, as we need to amass enough items to do sales like this.”

Fans were very happy with what they got, as STH Steven Silverstein posted on Facebook “Have to say some great deals at the flea market today mcu style.” Other fans, such as Jeffrey Lemon and Tommy Cassidy, were in agreement, as they both left the event with a number of items.

Fans are also reminded that there will be the team’s annual Black Friday Sale this Friday at 10:00 AM. All items will be 35% off. More info will follow.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

  1. sanjosefuji says:

    Very cool. I would have been all over a fitted New Era hat for $5… and a jersey for $3.

    Like

  2. Paul says:

    Reblogged this on Paul's Random Baseball Stuff and commented:
    Congratulations on your finds, but I think I’m glad I decided not to try to get out to Coney Island for the Cyclones’ garage sale… not at all sure I would have made it there from NJ in time to find anything much worthwhile.