qmeme_1416774890013_696Last year, I posted an article on how the Cyclones can improve MCU Park.

During the 2015 season, I attended games in a total of 15 different ballparks at the Major League, Minor League, Independent League and Collegiate Level.

During such trips, I like to rank the smaller ballparks on another WordPress blog I run called Brooklyn Cowbell Guy’s Ballpark Reviews.

10462578_10202729679023817_4360347059159709737_nBeing that I see more games at MCU Park than any other small ballpark, thanks to the Cyclones and the NYU Baseball team, MCU Park holds high regard in my heart.

However, here are a 2 things that could be done to improve MCU Park:

Season Ticket Holder Concessions Line: We all complain about how much we dislike Aramark, and how bad the food has become. The problem is, nothing will change due to the long term contract Jeff Wilpon signed with them.

What can make life a little better for Season Ticket Holders is special lines for us in the main stands so we don’t have to wait as long. As season ticket holders, we know what it is offered, we know the prices, we know what we want, so let’s get our own lines. Other NYPL teams such as the Staten Island Yankees and Hudson Valley Renegades offer it as well. If a separate line is not possible, maybe a special stand.

This would also help alleviate crowding on the concourse, which can make moving around MCU Park very hard.

Picnic Area: One feature that MCU Park has lacked is a real picnic area, which is ideal for groups. There is one underneath the bleachers, but it’s no use if you want to watch the game. A number of teams feature them in the outfield along the foul lines such as Staten Island Yankees, Hudson Valley Renegades, Newark Bears & Somerset Patriots. When I went to Staten Island on a Sunday because the Cyclones were away & I had an unused ticket that I did not want to waste, I sat in the picnic area with some friends and it was nice having a table to place my scorebook on.

With attendance down the last few years, I feel the Cyclones should remove the seats in Sections 19 & 21 and convert it into a real picnic area. Those seats are seldom filled and the fans can always be dispersed to other sections of MCU Park.

Those are just some ideas I have.