MCU Park BleachersWith the Brooklyn Cyclones making changes to MCU Park this off-season, a source within the Cyclones front office has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that the team will be removing the 2nd set of bleachers from MCU Park’s outfield.

The move is expected to lower MCU Park’s capacity to 7,000. No word on what will be done with the physical structure or the area where it stood.

When the ballpark opened in 2001, the demand for tickets was so high, the Wilpon family had a 2nd set of bleachers constructed to increase KeySpan Park’s seating capacity from 7,000 to 7,500. The bleachers closer to the RF foul pole were designated as General Admission seats, and while the other bleachers were sold as assigned seats.

However, the demand for the seats has dwindled in the last years. Only certain games, such as CUNY Night, Dog Day/Night, and Camp Day, ever saw the bleachers near capacity.

In recent years, numerous fans who bought tickets in the bleacher seats would just sit in the main seating bowl. There have been nights where the bleachers were closed from the start.

The Cyclones last averaged over 7,000 fans a game back in 2011. The team hasn’t averaged over 7,500 since they averaged 8,194 in 2007.

  1. […] Like MCU Park this off-season, RCB Ballpark has seen seen some changes. They have replaced their video board system with a new state-of-the-art system. The famous All-You-Can-Eat Ballpark Buffet has been scrapped due to the high costs. […]

    Like

  2. […] My first trip, on Friday, February 19th, I had to pay part of my season ticket bill. While out there, I walked around the ballpark and snapped some pix of the back of MCU Park, to see what it looks like without the Bleachers. […]

    Like

  3. […] seating & pricing chart from 2015 chart are that there are no longer Reserved Bleachers, as they were removed to make way for the new Backyard picnic […]

    Like

  4. […] Baseball Banter announced in December that Brooklyn Cyclones management would be removing a set of bleachers from MCU Park to shrink the capacity of MCU Park from 7,500 to 7,000 due to the shrinking […]