Fara ShimboFara Shimbo, 63, has never been to a Brooklyn Cyclones game in her life, but the native of Boro Park & Park Slope has been one of the team’s most loyalest fans, listening to almost every game online since the team’s inception in 2001.

The alumnus of Brooklyn College now resides in Colorado, but she became a fan in 2001. She still remembers the day in 1957 the Dodgers left and was aching for a home team ever since. When the team formed in 2001, she joined the fan base while living in across the country.

For years she would post & comment on the Brooklyn Cyclones Facebook page. She joined the Facebook group REAL BKLYN CYCLONES FANS this offseason to better connect with fans.

Fara has been a big fan of Tom Gamboa and Wally Backman. Some of her favorite players include Darrell Ceciliani, Dany Muno, Kevin Plawecki, Angel Pagan & Lucas Duda. Her favorite giveaway that she acquired from someone is the Garden Gnome.

She remembers listening to Warner Fusselle call the 1st game in Cyclones history. She remembers Pagan having a good game and was happy to see him make the Major Leagues. Fara was a big fan of Warner and was upset when he passed in 2012. Warner even made sure to acknowledge her loyalty by giving her multiple shout outs on the air.

Fara hopes to make it to a game someday and meet fellow fans.

FINAL WORDS FROM FARA

“I miss Warner Fusselle… and why don’t they play Sweet Caroline anymore?”