mcu-park-p1050259According to a credible source, the 3rd annual charity softball game between the Office of the Mayor of the City of New York and the Offices of the New York City Council is expected to return to MCU Park this September.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio will lead his team against a squad led by City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito in a 7-inning game that lacks basic rules that adults who play the game should abide by, such as balls & strikes.

MCU Park is the “home field” to the City Council while nearby RCB Ballpark is “home” to the Mayor’s Office.

This event is free and open to the general public. Those who do not like our elected officials should make use of this exceedingly rare opportunity to heckle them about the bad choices they are making in running this city.

In 2014, the Mayor’s Office fell to the City Council by a score of 17-13 at MCU Park. The Mayor’s Office beat City Council last season by winning 13-12 in 9 innings at a game played in Staten Island. The game was disturbed by protesters of the Black Lives Matter cause.

The 2018 match-up, which will take place in an election year, is expected to return to RCB Ballpark.