12814517_10154666731497366_8472664359974747537_nAs many Brooklyn Cyclones fans were made aware, Mike McNicholas, known to many as “Mikey Mittens,” will be featured on a show called “Say Yes to the Prom!”

The program is expected to air on TLC on May 20th.

I, Daniel S. Weiss, the Editor-in-Chief of Brooklyn Baseball Banter recently went undercover at Lafayette High School, which houses Kingsborough Early College Secondary School, where Mikey is currently enrolled. I managed to get in good with the cool girls clique.

During this time, I had to sit through many exhausting hours of gossip from high school girls. However, I managed to find out what they thought of Mike.

One of the girls, who is already 18 years old, agreed to go on the record with me, but asked me to withhold her name, fearing she would lose her good standing in the cool girls clique. Below is a transcribed copy of her recording to me. Removed are all the giggles she gave, as well as the constant interruptions that come with interviewing someone who is so connected, as she repeatedly checked her phone.

“It’s cool Mikey will be on TLC, but it’s kinda lame at the same time. I’ll probably DVR it just in case we wanna discuss it to make fun of him. However, none of the girls I know would even consider going out with Mikey. He’s not the biggest loser in this place, which I cannot stand anymore and can’t wait to be out of, but no cool girl, or even those who are in the middle of the spectrum, would go with him. He’s too obsessed with his wrestling and that team in Coney Island nobody goes to.

“It’s a shame that he will be on TV, get a free tuxedo, but won’t use it. I see Mikey staying at home on Prom night.”

Happy April Fools