Zubin

David Zubin after a Soda High

Despite his many claims that he has withheld from drinking soda during the past year, a vendor at MCU Park informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter, on the condition of anonymity, that David Zubin set the record for MCU Park soda purchases in 2015.

The vendor claims that Zubin would “not only get a free soda from the Designated Driver program at each game, but he would buy a minimum of 4 souvenir sodas a game.” Each of which is roughly 32 ounces in size. Zubin reportedly attended roughly 20 games last year.

“It’s such a health hazard,” the vendor continued, “No wonder Mayor Bloomberg tried to limit the size of sodas. Then again, given his addiction, he would probably buy 8 small sodas. If you do the math, at least 4 souvenir sodas a game comes out to $25-$30 a game. Multiply that by 20 games, and you are looking at around $550 in soda purchases, enough to make the Wilpons very happy.

“Let me also point out, he never once got Diet soda. Always regular.

“The fact he is not dead, or even in a diabetic coma, is nothing short of a medical miracle.”

Many fans in Section 16 witnessed Zubin being on such a sugar high, he had many lame attempts at getting fans going during the late innings of games that were labeled as blowouts.

Enclosed is a video of Zubin’s sugar & caffeine induced antics.

“I cannot withhold the soda,” the vendor continued, “because there is no legal grounds and I am not gonna lose my job over him for lost revenue.”

Happy April Fools!!!