11897158_10153582737285917_1423262276_nRob Weiner, a longtime Cyclones fan who is loved by many at MCU Park, has announced that he has shaved his famed goatee in support of those with IBeS. Weiner was known to color his goatee to match his jersey.

IBeS, which stands for “Itchy Beard Syndrome,” affects many bearded men. It is known to affect many people in the Ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities, as well as those in the Amish and Hippie communities.

The best treatment for IBeS is a beardectomy, which is usually done by one’s barber.

Weiner said in a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter: “While I have been fortunate enough to only have to deal with the occasional symptoms of IBeS, I stand with those who have to deal with it so much more than me. I see so many dealing with it, I decided to shave my beard off to show my support.

12380144_10154714973257366_1854150146_nI want to also thank my loving wife and the rest of my family for supporting this decision of mine.

I strongly encourage others to do so. I hope everyone at MCU Park shaves their beards.”

Brooklyn Baseball Banter Editor-in-Chief Daniel S. Weiss will be joining Rob by shaving his beard as well.

Happy April Fools!!!

  1. […] Weiner, a longtime fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones who has been featured as Fan of the Week and as the subject of April Fool’s Satire, will be throwing out the ceremonial First Pitch this Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 when the team […]

    Like

  2. […] Weiner, a longtime fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones who has been featured as Fan of the Week and as the subject of April Fool’s Satire, will be throwing out the ceremonial First Pitch this Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 when the team […]