Shot of MCU Park from RF Stands

Prior to today’s NYU Violets 13-0 win over the St. Joseph’s – Brooklyn Bears, I noticed a section of the outfield wall that once bore an advertisement for Send in the Clowns was removed, along with the green padding, to make way for the new view from the Backyard picnic area.

Fans who have tickets in the Backyard picnic area will now be able to watch the game with a from right behind the outfielders.

With the removal of the Reserved Bleachers, fans behind the plate and along the 3B Line will now have an unimpeded view of Luna Park’s B&B Carousell.

There is still plenty of Pepsi signage throughout the ballpark, all of which will be removed well before the season opener June 17th, as Coca Cola is now the official soda of Citi Field & MCU Park. All the Pepsi fridges were removed for Coca Cola fridges. A few Coca Cola vending machines have been added to the ballpark.

The team will also remove all the signage from 2015, such as the banners for promos and the schedule for new 2016 signage. They will also be removing all signage bearing the 15 Year logo.

CLICK on a photo to enlarge. Swipe or Click to go through all the pictures.

Here are pictures I took in mid-February & the 1st week of March.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.