Brian Mastro

Brian Mastro, a longtime Brooklyn Cyclones Season Ticket Holder from Section 16, has been hired by the State College Spikes to serve as a meteorologist for the upcoming 2016 New York -Penn League season.

Mastro, 22, is currently a meteorology student at Penn State University. The Spikes played their games at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, located on the Penn State Campus.

As part of his new job with the St. Louis Cardinals farm team, Brian will have a role in decision making regarding inclement weather.

Brian has been a Brooklyn Cyclones Season Ticket Holder for many seasons in Section 16, Row F. He is also a longtime fan of the New York Mets.

Brian is always one of the first to give his opinion for Brooklyn Baseball Banter’s Fan Reaction Articles. You can read more about Brian in his Fan of the Week Article.

Brian wrote the following on Facebook:

“Excited to be able to combine my love of weather with my love of baseball and make decisions regarding inclement weather.

Looking forward to when the Cyclones come to town in the end of June.”

Brian also sent this statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter

My dream job is to be the meteorologist for the New York Mets, and I hope this can help make that dream possible by being the first stepping stone.

Brooklyn Baseball Banter congratulates Brian on his new job & wishes him a lot of luck as the meteorologist for the Spikes.

  1. […] Cyclones head to Penn State University, as they take on the State College Spikes in a 3-game set. Brian Mastro will be at all 3 games keeping an eye on the weather for the Spikes. RHP Harol Gonzalez (0-1, 3.09) will start […]