12002394_988555104498196_8338016521434803516_o

Stu Johnson Calling a game at Dodd Stadium in 2015 (Pat Sanchez)

Stuart “Stu” Johnson, the radio voice of the Brooklyn Cyclones, has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he will be returning for the 2016 season. This will be his 3rd season serving as the Brooklyn Cyclones play-by-play announcer on WKRB 90.3 FM.

Johnson joined the Cyclones before the 2014 season, replacing David Greenwald and was an immediate hit with Cyclones fans. He also served as the radio voice of Brooklyn Bolts of the FXFL for the 2014 & 2015 seasons.

Johnson also serves as the Public Address Announcer for the SUNY – Old Westbury Panthers Basketball teams, a job he began this past fall.

Before joining the Cyclones, Johnson was the radio voice of the John Hopkins Blue Jays from 2010-2013. He called play-by-play for baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse and soccer. He also served as an Analyst for ESPN Radio Williamsport during that time. In the summer of 2013, he was a broadcaster for the Baltimore Red Birds of the Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League.

During the 2010 MLB season, Johnson worked as a Media Relations Intern for the New York Mets, alongside Billy Harner, who now serves as the Cyclones Director of Communications. In 2011 Johnson worked for SportsNet New York, the TV home of the Mets.

In addition to those roles, Stu interned for WBAL+, ABC, CNN, & Newsweek.