11741153_965562230130817_3948129159481388423_oThe Mets have once again reacquired Kelly Johnson from the Braves, this time sending Akeel Morris in the trade.

The Mets acquired Kelly Johnson, along with Juan Uribe last season in a trade that sent former Cyclone John Gant to Atlanta.

Morris was drafted by the New York Mets in the 10th round of the 2010 MLB June Amateur Draft from Charlotte Amalie HS in St. Thomas, VI.

Morris spent the 2010 season with the GCL Mets, before spending 2011 & 2012 in Kingsport.

Morris played for the Cyclones in 2013, posting a 4-1 record in 14 games, 3 of the starts. He also closed out 7 games, earning 1 save while posting an ERA of 1.00 with 60 strikeouts over 45 innings pitched.

Morris spent the 2014 season in Savannah before starting the 2015 season with the St. Lucie Mets. Morris was called up on June 15th to play for the Mets. After a rough outing with the Mets, Morris was sent to the Binghamton Mets, where he began the 2016 season.

Kelly Johnson had 4 homers with the Mets last year and was crucial into helping the Mets clinch the NL East Division.

  1. Jeffrey Lemon says:

    One of my favorite all-time Cyclones….Going to be missed..Saw him in Binghamton a couple of weeks ago