Brighton Beach StationOne of the great things about having a ballpark in Coney Island is that one can do plenty either before or after games.

The New York City Transit Museum, which is celebrating its 40th Anniversary is putting some of it’s old trains on display. The best part is, all you need to do is swipe your MetroCard and get off at the Brighton Beach Station.

So, before heading out to see the Brooklyn Cyclones take on Hudson Valley this weekend, head on over to Brighton Beach (or if you live along the Q, get off at Brighton Beach) and check out some old trains. There will be some trains that were used in the past decade, so nostalgia for all.

The display of old subway cars begins at 12:00 PM and runs until 4:00 PM. Some of the trains that will be displayed include

  • BRT/BMT “Standards”

  • BMT D-Type Triplex

  • IND R1/9s

  • The Train of Many Metals, consisting of R38, R40 Slant, and R42 cars.

Additionally, a pop-up retail shop and hands-on activities for everyone will be available.

Few Reminders for Cyclones Fans

  • It is about 10 minutes away from the Coney Island Station, and Q trains run in 10 minute intervals on weekends.
  • Make sure to read Brooklyn Baseball Banter’s weekend Travel Advisories
  • There is no giveaway on Saturday, so no need to rush.
  • Sunday is the 1986 Ring Desk Display, and it is a popular giveaway, so make sure to see the trains early so you can be in the giveaway line early.

  1. […] If you are looking for something interesting to do before the game, head over to the Brighton Beach Station & check out some old subway cars. […]