13499540_10154957740607366_1745226568_oThe New York Mets made a smart move by picking up SS Jose Reyes on the cheap. Due to proximity reasons, they have assigned him to the Brooklyn Cyclones to get him in game shape.

Reyes was with the New York Mets from 2003 through the 2011 season. He would later play for the Miami Marlins, Toronto Blue Jays & Colorado Rockies.

This will not be the 1st time Jose Reyes will don the Brooklyn Cyclones uniform. On July 8th, 2011, Reyes appeared in a game as part of a rehab assignment. He went 1-for-3 with a run scored and hit a double.

Jose Reyes was later featured on the cover of the 3rd Edition of the 2011 Brooklyn Cyclones Gameday Program.

Video of Reyes’ time in Brooklyn can be found HERE.

  1. […] will Reyes 3rd stint with the Brooklyn Cyclones, as he rehabbed in 2011and earlier this season. In his 3 games in Brooklyn for his career, Reyes is […]

    Like

  2. […] fans entered the gates of MCU Park on Monday night to see Jose Reyes play his final game in Brooklyn and to collect their free Coney Island Skyline Socks. Those who stayed after Reyes […]

    Like

  3. […] was a madhouse in Coney Island, as a sellout crowd of 7,851 filled MCU Park to see Jose Reyes play for the Brooklyn Cyclones once again, and to get their 1986 World Championship Ring Desk […]

    Like

  4. […] Jose Reyes will play for the Cyclones today, as the Mets signed him yesterday. […]