Enmanuel Zabala (c) Pat Sanchez

The New York Mets have promoted two member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to the Columbia Fireflies. RHP Bryce Beeler and OF Enmanuel Zabala will report to the Mets South Atlantic League affiliate.

Enmanuel Zabala began the 2016 MiLB Season with the Columbia Fireflies for 4 games during May before heading back to extended Spring Training. He joined the Cyclones for Opening Night and appeared in all but 1 game this season.  He hit .132 with a homer to open the season. He collected 2 more RBIs along the way.

Zabala joined the Mets organization in 2013, playing for the DSL Mets, before moving up to the GCL Mets in 2014. He joined the Cyclones prior to the start of the 2015 season, where he hit .232 with 6 doubles & 12 RBIs in 61 games. For his career, he appeared in 69 Brooklyn Cyclones games, hitting .214 with a homer at 15 RBIs.

Bryce Beeler (c) K-Mets & Allen Greene Photography

Bryce Beeler (c) K-Mets & Allen Greene Photography

Beeler pitched in 2 games for the Brooklyn Cyclones this season. He pitched in the Cyclones 1st road game, a 1-0 loss to Staten Island. He pitched 4 no-hit innings while striking out 4. He then last pitched in Friday’s win, throwing 3 shutout innings while striking out 7.

The Mets drafted Beeler in the 19th Round of the 2014 MLB Draft. He spent 2014 season in Kingsport and missed last season recovering from Tommy John Surgery.

  1. […] Enmanuel Zabala & Bryce Beeler were both moved up to Columbia yesterday to fill their respective roster spots. […]