Roster UpdateHere are some news and updates concerning the Brooklyn Cyclones roster.

This edition includes injuries updates, roster changes, and pitching rotation announcements.

Dionis Paulino, who dislocated his right shoulder during the June 27th walkoff-win over the Hudson Valley Renegades, will miss the remainder of the season.

Paulino has a history of problems with his right shoulder, having dislocated it before.

Dionis Paulino (c) Pat Sanchez

Dionis Paulino (c) Pat Sanchez

For the 2016 Brooklyn Cyclones season, Paulino appeared in 5 total games. He went 3-for-10 with a walk and 5 strikeouts.

Paulino also pitched in the Season Opener against the Staten Island Yankees, getting charged with the loss when giving up a run in an inning of work.

Justin Dunn

Justin Dunn

RHP Justin Dunn, the Mets 1st Round Pick in the 2016 MLB Draft from the Boston College Eagles, is expected to make his professional debut on Monday.

The Cyclones will be up at Dwyer Stadium to face off against the Batavia Muckdogs.

Dunn, the 19th Overall Selection from Freeport, Long Island, has been in Brooklyn dugout the past week.

Peter Alonso

Peter Alonso

Peter Alonso, the Mets 2nd Round pick in the 2016 MLB Draft from the University of Florida Gators, has signed with the New York Mets and has been assigned to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

He is expected to join the team this weekend and to make his Minor League debut this week.

Alonso is a 1B and will replace Paulino, who was expected to be demoted to the Kingsport Mets.

Joel Huertas (c) Pat Sanchez

Joel Huertas (c) Pat Sanchez

Nabil Crismatt (c) Pat Sanchez

Nabil Crismatt (c) Pat Sanchez

LHP Joel Huertas (0-2, 10.43) has been removed for the staring rotation following some bad outings.

Nabil Crismatt (0-0, 3.86 ERA) will make the start for the Brooklyn Cyclones on Tuesday in Batavia.

  1. […] is the 4th Cyclone to end his season with an injury, joining Dionis Paulino (dislocated left shoulder), Jacob Zanon (torn right labrum) […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] Tuesday night’s 3-0 win. He will miss the remainder of the 2016 Brooklyn season, joining Dionis Paulino & Jacob Zanon on the disabled […]

    Like

  3. Hernan Sanchez says:

    Paulino told me last night that he’ll be seeing the doctor on Tuesday and they will decide then on whether or not to operate on his shoulder.