Michael Paez

The New York Mets have finally signed Michael Paez, their 4th Round Pick in the 2016 MLB Draft. Paez will be assigned to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Paez, the 310th overall pick, was selected out from Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina.

The Coastal Carolina University Chanticleers, won the 2016 College World Series and Paez was an important part of the roster.

Paez was a SS with the CCU Chanticleers, but will be moved to 2B for the Cyclones.

Peter AlonsoIn other news, Peter Alonso, the Mets 2nd Round pick in the 2016 MLB Draft from the University of Florida Gators, is expected to finally make his debut this weekend against the Hudson Valley Renegades.

Alonso is a 1B and will replace Dionis Paulino.

Paulino dislocated his right shoulder during the June 27th walkoff-win over the Renegades. He will miss the remainder of the season.

Dale Burdick (c) Pat Sanchez

Dale Burdick (c) Pat Sanchez

Dale Burdick, who had a horrible average at MCU Park, has been promoted to the Columbia Fireflies.

In last night’s Fireflies game, Burdick went 0-for-3, all strikeouts.

  1. […] Pete Alonso, Luis Carpio, Michael Paez, Blake Tiberi, Jhoan Urena & Colby Woodmansee will work on their baseball skills, while the […]