qmeme_1468071263984_216Just like a week ago, it was another rainy Friday night at MCU Park, and just like the other Friday home games the Brooklyn Cyclones have played so far this season, this one also ended in a loss that could have easily been avoided.

The start of the game was once again delayed by rain, but first pitch managed to get off at 8:15 PM, 75 minutes behind schedule. The attendance was reported as 4,062, but the place was fairly empty. The Bleachers, which had a special $1 ticket promotion through the NY Daily News, was nearly empty.

Gabriel Llanes (c) Pat Sanchez

Gabriel Llanes (c) Pat Sanchez

The Hudson Valley Renegades would score their first run of the game in the Top of the 2nd. With Gabriel Llanes on the mound for the Cyclones, Jim Haley led off the inning with a single to left and would steal 2nd base. Miles Mastrobuoni flew out to center, and Haley advanced to 3rd. However, on appeal, Haley was called out, as he left the base too early. Angel Perez reached on an error by 3B Blake Tiberi and would steal 2nd. A single by Danny De La Calle scored Perez to make it 1-0. Llanes got out of the inning by getting Bill Pujols to pop out.

The Cyclones lone hit came in the Top of the 4th when Jacob Zanon singled to left, enough to make Harry Doyle curse on air.

The Renegades would add one more run in the Top of the 8th. With Gary Cornish in to pitch, Pujols led off the inning with a single. Ryan Boldt struck out swinging. Pujols would steal 2nd and Jake Fraley would draw a walk. Garrett Whitley struck out swinging, but a single by Nathaniel Lowe scored Pujols to make it 2-0 and moved Fraley to 2nd. Cornish struck out Haley to end the inning.

LS Loss HV 7816

BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

The Cyclones look to even the series tonight, as it is Full House Night at MCU Park. The 1st 2,000 fans into the ballpark will receive John Stamos “Uncle Jesse” Bobbleheads. The gates of MCU Park will open at 4:15 PM for Season Ticket Holders and 4:30 PM for everyone else.

RHP Harol Gonzalez (1-1, 3.63) will get the start for the Brooklyn Cyclones against Hudson Valley’s RHP Jose Alonzo (1-1, 0.64).

  1. […] Luckily, it was a rainy night, and the start of the Brooklyn Cyclones game against Hudson Valley was delayed over an hour. This was beneficial as I was very antsy to get back to my seat in Section 16 to score the game. The rain delay allowed the ceremony to be held without causing me to miss a moment of the action. The game itself was bad, as the Cyclones lost 2-0 and had only one hit. […]