qmeme_1468160400035_950I’m not a songwriter but if I had to rewrite the lyrics to the Full House theme song to describe the way the Brooklyn Cyclones play, it would use the following lyrics: “Whatever happened to winning baseball? The Hit & Run, the comeback, late game subbing. You miss your winning ways, all because of Alder-son.” It seems fitting, as the team fell on Full House Night, coming back from a 1-0 deficit, only to see it blown away.

With Harol Gonzalez pitching for Brooklyn, Hudson Valley scored in the Top of the 1st. Ryan Boldt led off the game with a single, took 2nd on a wild pitch and went to 3rd on a groundout by Jake Fraley. After striking out Garrett Whitley, Nate Lowe singled to center, scoring Boldt. Harol Gonzalez struck out Jim Haley to end the inning.

Pete Alonso (c) Pat Sanchez

Pete Alonso (c) Pat Sanchez

Peter Alonso came up for his 1st at bad in the Bottom of the 1st. Like so many countless Brooklyn Cyclones before him, Alonso struck out in his Brooklyn Cyclones debut.

The Cyclones finally overcame the 1-0 deficit in the Bottom of the 7th off Porter Clayton. Alonso led off with a double and a triple by Blake Tiberi scored him. Ali Sanchez singled to score Tiberi and give Brooklyn the lead. Jay Jabs flew out, and Brandon Lawson was summoned in to pitch. A wild pitch sent Sanchez to 2nd. However, the Killer B’s ended the inning, as Brandon Brosher struck out and Arnaldo Berrios grounded out.

Harol Gonzalez (c) Pat Sanchez

Harol Gonzalez (c) Pat Sanchez

The 2-1 lead was short lived. With Adam Atkins in to pitch the Top of the 8th, Jim Haley was hit by pitch. Miles Mastrobuoni singled to center, moving Haley to 2nd. Angel Perez laid down a bunt, but it nailed Haley out at 3rd. Bill Pujols singled to right, scoring Mastrobuoni, moving Perez to 3rd with Pujols taking 2nd on the throw. A passed ball by Sanchez scored Perez. Danny De La Calle tripled to right, scoring Pujols scores. A single by Boldt scored De La Calle. Boldt tried to steal 2nd, but Sanchez threw him out. Blake Tiberi misplayed a ball, allowing Fraley to reach base. Fraley would steal 2nd, but Whitley flew out to end in.

The Cyclones were held to no runs the rest of the way, after after Tom Gamboa’s usual rhetoric of how “the team didn’t lose; they just ran out of innings,” combined with wins by Staten Island and Aberdeen, the Cyclones once again find themselves in last place of the McNamara Division.

LS Loss FH Nite 71016BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

They look to avoid the sweep this afternoon, as they will take on Hudson Valley at 1pm. Read about what is going on at MCU Park HERE.