dutchess-wide3bigGoing to a Brooklyn Cyclones road game in Hudson Valley via public transportation is doable, but can be time consuming & cost money. I have done it multiple times with other fans & getting there is no problem. Getting back can take some time and could get late.

I have outlined the schedule for the 3 types of games that the Cyclones have at Dutchess Stadium this season: Weekday game at 7:05 PM (4 times this season, plus the All Star Game); Sunday July 17th’s 5:05 PM game (and Boardwalk Battalion Outing) and Monday, July 18th’s 11:05 AM game. The Cyclones have no Saturday games in Hudson Valley this season.

NOTE: Below are instructions for those traveling between GRAND CENTRAL and BEACON STATION. It is slightly cheaper to board at stations in the Bronx, such as 153rd St. – Yankee Stadium and Marble Hill, which are walking distance from the Subway. However, some trains to Beacon skip those stops. Check the MTA schedule for full details.

Train Fares To/From Grand Central and Beacon

HV MNR Fares

Train Schedule to Beacon

All schedules read as follows: Time on the left is DEPARTURE TIME. Next column is ARRIVAL Time. The middle column is how long the trip takes. The THROUGH TRAIN means you don’t need to transfer. OFF PEAK or PEAK tells you how much you will need for ticket, depending on when you’re train is.

For Games at 7:05 PM on a Weekday

MNR Schedule TO Beacon, Weekdays

For Sunday, July 17

MNR Schedule TO Beacon, Sunday

For Monday, July 18

MNR Schedule TO Beacon, Early Game

From Beacon to Dutchess Stadium

If you take an OFF PEAK train, the $5.25 you saved on Train Fare can be used to take a TAXI from Beacon Station to Dutchess Stadium. The cost is usually $5. If you have multiple people going there, it may be cheaper. Follow signs for TAXI at Beacon Station.

If you take a PEAK train, they sometimes have buses that go to the ballpark. However, I have never used them and am unsure as to where they stop and how much it is.

POST GAME

From Dutchess Stadium to Beacon

Following the game, there sometimes is a FREE van / mini bus goes from the ballpark to Beacon. However, it can sometimes screw you over by waiting for no reason, making you miss the train.

You can also take a cab by calling 845-569-3000. Tell them to pick you up in front of Green Garden Chinese Restaurant, located at 1485 Route 9D.

Train Schedule to Grand Central

All schedules read as follows: Time on the left is DEPARTURE TIME. Next column is ARRIVAL Time. The middle column is how long the trip takes. THROUGH TRAIN means you don’t need to transfer, while some require transfers at Croton-Harmon Station. All trains are Off-Peak Fares

For Games at 7:05 PM on a Weekday

MNR Schedule TO GCT, Weekdays

For Sunday, July 17

MNR Schedule TO GCT, Sunday

For Monday, July 18

MNR Schedule TO GCT, Early Game

  1. […] Members of the Boardwalk Battalion will be making a trip up to Hudson Valley.  Fans who would like to join in should contract Daniel Weiss for free tickets, courtesy of the Cyclones players and staff. If you plan on taking the train, read the instructions HERE. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] plan is to take MetroNorth from Grand Central Station at 1:43 PM to Beacon, near Dutchess Stadium. From Beacon, the group will take a cab to the […]