Desmond Lindsay

Desmond Lindsay (c) Pat Sanchez

The New York Mets have promoted OF Desmond Lindsay from the Gulf Coast League Mets to the Brooklyn Cyclones. Lindsay was the Mets top pick in the 2015 MLB Draft, taken in the 2nd round from Out-of-Door Academy in Siesta Key, Florida. Lindsay is expected to play this weekend.

Lindsay began the 2015 season with the GCL Mets, appearing in 21 games hitting .304 before being promoted to Brooklyn towards the end of August.

In 14 games with the 2015 Brooklyn Cyclones, Lindsay hit .200 with 3 doubles & 7 walks while striking out 19 times. Lindsay was not slated to play for Brooklyn last season, but the loss of Tucker Tharp and an injury to Michael Bernal, combined with a losing season in Brooklyn, Mets management decided to have him finish out the season in Brooklyn.

During extended Spring Training, Linday injured his hamstring and has slowly been working his way back from the hamstring injury. A source had informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter in early June that Lindsay was expected to join the Cyclones once he returned from injury.

Lindsay joined the GCL Mets on July 11th and has appeared in 4 games, going 4-for-10 with a double and 5 walks.

Lindsay will wear jersey number 2. He wore 5 last season.

  1. […] Colby Woodmansee will work on their baseball skills, while the outfield will feature Gene Cone, Desmond Lindsay, & Jacob Zanon, who is returning from an […]