Flores_WebsiteThis Sunday, July 31st, is Wilmer Flores “From Tears to Cheers!” Bobblehead Day, where the team will be giving out unique bobblehead. It is a double-sided bobblehead that, with one side if Flores tipping his hat to the crowd while crying, an homage to last season when he thought he was being traded to the Milwaukee Brewers along with Zach Wheeler for Carlos Gomez. The other side is Flores grabbing his jersey, as he celebrates a walk-off homer against the Washingon Nationals a few nights later after the trade fell through, showing his loyalty to the New York Mets.

It is also happens to be Harry Potter Night at MCU Park. Anyone who has read the book or watch the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, knows 2 faces on the same head is not a good thing at all.

Website_HarryPotterNightFor those who never read, watched, or just simply forgot what happened in the first installment of Harry Potter I will fill you in. (SPOILER ALERT), Harry goes to save the Sorcerer’s Stone. When he gets to the place it is hidden, he sees his Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Prof. Quirell standing by the Mirror of Erised, trying to get the Sorcerer’s Stone.

Eventually, Quirell is instructed by a voice to take off his turban. He unwraps it and reveals to Harry that Lord Voldemort is sharing his head to stay alive by connecting his head to the back of Quirell’s. (If I just spoiled it for you, you have had 19 years to pick up the book and almost 15 years to watch the movie.)

563206bb9f3455ba085078d4

Maybe I am being a little crazy, but I think the Brooklyn Cyclones are quietly implying that Wilmer Flores is somewhat evil by scheduling Harry Potter night the same night as the Wilmer Flores “From Tears to Cheers!” Bobblehead. I know it can be hectic for the front office to schedule a ton of giveaways and theme nights in with only 38 days in the season, but this one might not be the best matchup.

So, I leave it up to my readers to choose: Are the Brooklyn Cyclones implying Wilmer Flores is Lord Voldemort?

  1. […] MCU Park today to take on the Aberdeen Ironbirds, as it is Wilmer Flores Bobblehead Day. It is also Harry Potter Night at MCU Park. Gates open at 2:15 PM for Season Ticket Holders and at 2:30 for everyone else. LHP […]

    Like

  2. […] is also Harry Potter Night, leading some to think about certain connotations from Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone. There will be a Quidditch match on the field […]