qmeme_1470403297662_946Midway through the popular baseball movie Major League, Harry Doyle, played by Bob Uecker, it tallying his scorecard while giving a Cleveland Indians postgame report and says “One hit? That’s all we got? One GODDAMN hit?

That right there easily sums up today’s Brooklyn Cyclones loss to the Aberdeen Ironbirds. With the most perfect of weather you could ask for on Camp Day at MCU Park, the Brooklyn bats offense failed to produce more than one hit and bad choices by Sean Ratliff cost them a chance to win the game.

Gabriel Llanes (c) Pat Sanchez

Gabriel Llanes (c) Pat Sanchez

The Cyclones wasted their only legit chance of the game in the Bottom of the 1st. With Matthias Dietz pitching, Michael Paez drew a 1-out walk. Desmond Lindsay doubled to the right field corner. As Paez was rounding 3rd, Hitting Coach Sean Ratliff made another bad choice while coaching 3B, as he sent Paez home and Paez nailed by a few feet.

Aberdeen would score a run in the Top of the 2nd off starter Gabriel Llanes, as Preston Palmeiro led off with a double and scored two batters later on a bunt single by Guillermo Salas.

Outside of the 2nd inning, Llanes was lights out, but the Cyclones offense was held hitless the rest of the way, as only two men reached base via walks.

One 1 HitTy Williams, who was making his return to Brooklyn, came in to pitch the Top of the 9th and quickly loaded the bases and was pulled for Gabriel Feliz. Palmeiro singled to right, scoring Kirvin Moesquit. However, Feliz retired the next 3 batters to escape the jam.

The Cyclones went down in order and lost the series to Aberdeen, falling to 22-22 on the 2016 season.

LS Loss 8216

BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

The Cyclones will head to Hudson Valley tomorrow for a 3-game set before heading to Tri-City on Saturday.