TJ RiveraLast night, the New York Mets promoted former Cyclone TJ Rivera from the Las Vegas 51s to the New York Mets.

Rivera was signed by the Mets in 2011, after he went undrafted. Rivera attended Herbert H. Lehman High School in the Bronx. He played for Wallace Community College in Dothan, Alabama for two seasons before transferring to Troy University.

After starting the 2011 season in Kingsport, Rivera appeared in just 15 games for Brooklyn, hitting .326 with 2 doubles and 5 RBIs while scoring 6 runs.

The following the season, he split time between the Savannah Sand Gnats & St. Lucie Mets. TJ remained in St. Lucie for 2013 and part of 2014 before moving up to Binghamton. Halfway through 2015, TJ was promoted to the Las Vegas 51s, where he has been the past year.

TJ will be the 59th member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will be the 39th to make his debut with the Mets and 40th to play for the Mets.

TJ is the 5th member of the 2011 team to play in the Majors, joining RHP Rafael Montero, SS Danny Muno, RHP Cory Mazzoni, & LHP Jack Leathersich.

  1. […] was called up to the Mets on August 10th this […]