Pete Alonso (c) Pat Sanchez

Pete Alonso has suffered a broken pinky finger on his left hand during Tuesday night’s 3-0 win, according to Jacob Resnick & confirmed by the club.

After being examined by New York York Mets team doctors, Alonso will miss the remainder of the 2016 Brooklyn Cyclones season, joining Dionis Paulino & Jacob Zanon on the list of Cyclones players who are done for the year.

Alonso was the New York Mets in the 2nd round pick in the 2016 MLB June Amateur Draft. He was selected from the University of Florida Gators.

After joining the Cyclones on July 9th, Alonso appeared in 30 games, going 35 for 109, good for a .321 average. Alonso also hit 12 doubles, a triple, 5 homers, 21 RBIs and drew 11 walks.

For his efforts, he was named a NYPL All Star. He will miss next Tuesday’s New York Penn League All Star Game at Dutchess Stadium.

  1. […] Pete Alonso, Luis Carpio, Michael Paez, Blake Tiberi, Jhoan Urena & Colby Woodmansee will work on their […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] help Darryl Knight at First Base due a season ending injury to Pete Alonso, Anthony Dimino, who is a Catcher & First Baseman was added to the Brooklyn Cyclones roster as […]

    Liked by 1 person

  3. […] an injury, joining Dionis Paulino (dislocated left shoulder), Jacob Zanon (torn right labrum) and Pete Alonso (broken left […]