Gabriel Ynoa (c) Brooklyn Cyclones

Last night, Gabriel Ynoa, who spent the 2012 season with the Brooklyn Cyclones, made his Major League debut with the New York Mets.

Ynoa signed with the Mets in 2010, starting the season with the DSL Mets. He split 2011 between the GCL and Kingsport Mets before heading to Brooklyn in 2012.

Ynoa made 13 starts for the Cyclones in 2012, going 5-2 on the season with an ERA of 2.23. He struck out 64 batters and held them to an average of .213.

For his amazing pitching in 2012, he was named to the 2012 New York Penn League All Star Game, which took place that season at Eastwood Field, home of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers.

After leaving the Cyclones, Ynoa spent 2013 with the Savannah Sand Gnats before splitting 2014 with the St. Lucie & Binghamton Mets. In 2015, Ynoa was with Binghamton before going to Las Vegas this season, where we was 10-5 in 23 starts with an ERA of 4.42.

Gabriel Ynoa will be the 60th member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will be the 40th to make his debut with the Mets and 41st to play for the Mets.

Gabriel is the 6th member of the 2012 Brooklyn Cyclones to make it to the Majors. He joins Kevin Plawecki, Matt Bowman, Luis Cessa, Hansel Robles & Brandon Nimmo.

  1. […] Koch is the 6th member of the 2012 Brooklyn Cyclones to make it to the Majors. He joins Kevin Plawecki, Matt Bowman, Luis Cessa, Hansel Robles, Brandon Nimmo & Gabriel Ynoa. […]