All Star Game 2016During last night’s New York Penn League All Star Game at Dutchess Stadium, both members of the Brooklyn Cyclones to appear in the game did well.

Harol Gonzalez came in to pitch the Bottom of the 3rd, with the North All Stars already up 3-0. Harol got Tyler Hill (Lowell) to line out and Jim Haley (Hudson Valley) to ground out. Harol had a 2-1 count on Connecticut’s Blaise Salter when the rain came down, causing an 18 minute rain delay. After the delay, the game resumed in the Top of the 4th and the MiLB.com box score read “Blaise Salter grounds out to catcher Jeremy Martinez.”

The South put up four runs the following inning to go up 4-3, putting Harol as the new pitcher of record.

2016-all-starsColby Woodmansee, the Cyclones All Star shortstop came in during the Top of the 5th to hit and struck out in his 1st at bat.

With Auburn’s Tyler Watson on the mound, Woodmansee led off the Top of the 7th with a ground rule double into the left field corner. Danny Hudzina of the State College Spikes singled to center, scoring Woodmansee for the South’s 9th & final run of the night. Woodmansee did bat in the Top of the 8th, but struck out swinging again.

Woodmansee did field two ground outs perfectly and helped turn a 4-6-3 double play in the Bottom of the 8th.

The South All Stars would win 9-4, giving the South their 1st win ever in the three years the NYPL has done the North/South matchup.

  1. […] the game, Harol Gonzalez, who got the win for the South, tossed me a game used baseball with the 2016 NYPL ASG logo for coming up to the game, ending a […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] Gonzalez, fresh off his 9-pitch appearance in the 2016 New York – Penn League All Star Game on Tuesday, got the start for Brooklyn and ran into trouble in the Bottom of the 1st. Matt McLean led off with […]

    Liked by 1 person

  3. […] Gonzalez, fresh off his 9-pitch appearance in the 2016 New York – Penn League All Star Game on Tuesday, got the start for Brooklyn and ran into trouble in the Bottom of the 1st. Matt McLean led off with […]