Tri-City Valley CatsDuring last night’s All Star Game at Dutchess Stadium, Hudson Valley Renegades PA Announcer Rick Zolzer announced that the 2017 New York – Penn League All Star Game will be held at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium, home of the Tri-City ValleyCats.

The ValleyCats last hosted the game in 2008. Brooklyn Baseball Banter earlier reported that the game would go to either Tri-City or West Virginia. The league is using the rotation that was used from 2005-2013.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled to bring the New York-Penn League All-Star Game back to the Capital Region,” said ValleyCats General Manager Matt Callahan said to MiLB.com. “Our organization is looking forward to showcasing the best professional baseball talent across the league, while also providing a top-notch fun-filled experience for our fans.”

“The New York-Penn League is excited about returning to New York’s Capital Region for our 2017 All-Star Game,” said league President Ben J. Hayes said in a statement. “When the ValleyCats hosted the game back in 2008, it was a tremendous success. I know their staff will go out of their way to ensure another first-class event in 2017.”