Nick Sergakis 2

Nick Sergakis (c) Pat Sanchez

Following tonight’s win over Staten Island, Cyclones infielder Nick Sergakis informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he will miss the remainder of the 2016 Brooklyn Cyclones season.

Sergakis suffered a injury to his left scapula spine in his shoulder. He sustained the injury when he was hit by a pitch during Sunday’s win over the West Virginia Black Bears.

Sergakis is in his 1st season with the New York Mets organization. The Mets selected Sergakis in the 23rd round of the 2016 MLB June Draft from the Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Nick Sergakis (c) Pat Sanchez

Nick Sergakis (c) Pat Sanchez

Sergakis appeared in 38 games with the Brooklyn Cyclones, starter 36 of them. In 143 at bats, Nick hat 36 hits, good for an average of .252. Nick hit 12 doubles, two homers and drove in 15 runs while drawing 16 walks and getting his by pitch 7 times, posting an OBP of .353.

The Cyclones will lose another valuable base stealer, as Nick was pefect in his 11 base stealing attempts this season.

Nick is the 4th Cyclone to end his season with an injury, joining Dionis Paulino (dislocated left shoulder), Jacob Zanon (torn right labrum) and Pete Alonso (broken left pinkie).

  1. […] In other Cyclones news, infielder and 2016 23rd round Nick Sergakis will miss the rest of the season with a should injury accoring to Brooklyn Baseball Banter. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] The New York Mets have promoted Franklin Correa from Kingsport to Brooklyn. He will replace the injured Nick Sergakis. […]