Luis Carpio (c) Pat Sanchez

The New York Mets have promoted Luis Carpio from the GCL Mets to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Carpio is entering his 3rd season with the New York Mets, having spent 2014 with the DSL Mets and 2015 in Kingsport.

Carpio has been rehabbing from a torn right labrum, which has limited to just 6 games with the GCL Mets this August. On the season, Carpio has hit .290 with a double, triple and 2 RBIs.

Carpio is a SS and ranks 10th in the MLB.com Top 30 New York Mets prospects list.

Carpio is expected to be active for Tuesday’s game at MCU Park. No word on if he will play the remainder of the season in Brooklyn, or if he will make the jump to the Columbia Fireflies.

  1. […] Pete Alonso, Luis Carpio, Michael Paez, Blake Tiberi, Jhoan Urena & Colby Woodmansee will work on their baseball skills, […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] Cone led off the game with a single to center off Spinners starter Michael Shawaryn. Newest member of the Cyclones Luis Carpio began his Cyclones career like so many others by striking out. Cone swiped 2nd and Desmond Lindsay […]