Thomas Szapucki (c) Pat Sanchez

Prior to last night’s loss to the Scrappers, Brooklyn Cyclones Pitching Coach Billy Bryk Jr. informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that Thomas Szapucki will not pitch the remainder of the season due to a stiff back.

Szapucki began the season the Kingsport Mets. In 5 starts, Szapucki has posted a record of 2-1 with an impressive ERA of 0.62, allowing just 2 earned runs in 29 innings pitched. He also struck out 47 batters he faced, averaging 14.4 strikeouts per 9 innings pitched. He has also given up just 16 hits and 9 walks, good for a WHIP of 0.96.

He was promoted to Brooklyn on July 20th. He made four starts this season, going 2-2 with an ERA of 2.35 and 39 strikeouts.

GAME 1: In his debut, Szapucki allowed just 4 hits to the Yankees in 5.1 innings pitched.

GAME 2: Threw 7 innings, allowing an unearned run and got handed a 1-0 loss against Abderdeen due to a lack of offense.

GAME 3: Gave up 2 earned runs in a 4-1 loss in Tri-City

GAME 4: Gave up 4 earned runs while striking out 10 & getting a win over West Virginia.

  1. […] All Star Harol Gonzalez, starters Justin Dunn, Merandy Gonzalez, Joel Huertas, Gabriel Llanes & Thomas Szapucki. Relievers Dillon Becker, Gary Cornish, Austin McGeorge and Joseph Zangh all appear on the roster […]