Tom Gamboa (c) Pat Sanchez

A reliable source within the Brooklyn Cyclones informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter last week that Cyclones Manager Tom Gamboa will be retiring from baseball following the 2016 season.

Last season, Gamboa, now 68, informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he was split on returning for 2016, but if he did, it would be his final season coaching baseball.

This will end his long baseball career, which began over 40 years ago, and his 3-year stint with the Brooklyn Cyclones and the New York Mets, which began on February 27th, 2014.

  1. […] The New York Mets have named Edgardo Alfonzo as the 11th Manager in Brooklyn Cyclones history, succeeding Tom Gamboa, who retired after last season. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] The New York Mets have named Edgardo Alfonzo as the 11th Manager in Brooklyn Cyclones history, succeeding Tom Gamboa, who retired after last season. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  3. […] named Edgardo Alfonzo as the 11th Manager in Brooklyn Cyclones history, succeeding Tom Gamboa, who retired after last season. Alfonzo had served as the Bench Coach for the Brooklyn Cyclones since 2014 under […]

    Liked by 1 person

  4. […] Brooklyn Cyclones, who will have at least three new faces in the dugout next season. Tom Gamboa has retired from Managing, so we will have the 11th Manager in Cyclones history. Trainer Gavin Grosh & Strength Coach Joe […]