FXFL LogoA high ranking member of the Brooklyn Cyclones front office, which handled the operations of the Brooklyn Bolts, has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that the Fall Experimental Football League has officially ceased all operation, ending the FXFL’s tumultuous two year run.

This past weekend, GoFXFL.com, the league’s official website, stopped operating. BklynBolts.com remains visible as of press time, but has not seen an update since last October. The social media accounts of the FXFL, Bolts, Hudson Valley Fort and FXFL Blacktips have yet to be removed.

If there is any small consolation for the fans, it is that Fred & Jeff Wilpon, owners of the the New York Mets & Brooklyn Cyclones, are expected to end up with possession to the naming & licensing rights to the Brooklyn Bolts, according to the source.

In an article earlier in August, a source had told Brooklyn Baseball Banter that the future of the Bolts is bad. However, last night, the source informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that the team could always come back.

If there is the right scenario, which means a league that has a financially sustainable model, a return is possible. The book does not have to fully close on the Brooklyn Bolts. There is a product that works and a fan base that wants to see football. Even if we rid ourselves of the equipment, new stuff can always be purchased. The team can market this the way we have done in the past with the NYPL All Star Game, World Baseball Classic or anything else.

  1. […] the announcement that the Brooklyn Bolts & the FXFL would be folding, many of the Bolts fans wanted to honor the team one last time at MCU Park before the close of the […]