Erik Manoah (c) Pat Sanchez

Following tonight’s win vs the Auburn Doubledays, the New York Mets traded RHP Erik Manoah to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for Fernando Salas.

Manoah is expected to report to the Low-A Burlington Bees of the Midwest League, where he may start before the seasons end.

According to Brooklyn Cyclones Manager Tom Gamboa, Angels scout Brendan Harris was at MCU Park the last few days, scouting Manoah.

Erik Manoah (c) Pat Sanchez

Erik Manoah (c) Pat Sanchez

Manoah was drafted by the New York Mets in the 13th Round of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from South Dade High School in Homestead, FL. Manoah signed with the Mets and spent the 2014 season in the Gulf Coast League. He appeared in 8 games with the GCL Mets, starting 3 of them. In 24 innings pitched, he allowed 8 runs, 7 earned, with 20 hits, 10 walks and 18 strikeouts, good for an ERA of 3.00 with a record of 3-0.

Manoah was promoted to the Kingsport Mets in 2015, where he appeared in 13 games, 9 of them being starts, while finishing 3. He went 1-4 with 3 saves. He tossed 65 innings, allowed 64 hits, 50 runs, 42 earned, with 31 walks and 58 strikeouts.

Erik Manoah with Pitching Coach Billy Bryk Jr. (c) Pat Sanchez

Erik Manoah with Pitching Coach Billy Bryk Jr. (c) Pat Sanchez

He was promoted to Brooklyn on September 5th, as the Cyclones were in need of pitching. In his lone start of the season, during which the team was dessimated with injuries and on the brink of their 1st ever losing season, Manoah threw 6 innings and got bombed, as he gave up 8 hits and allowing 7 runs while striking out 7.

Despite this poor performance in one game which meant little, Erik had a good season in 2016. He joined the Cyclones at the start of the 2016 season as the final starter in the rotation. Manoah made 12 starts, with a relief appearance this past Tuesday to piggyback Justin Dunn. In his 13 games, Manoah went 5-5 with an ERA of 5.37. In 62 innings of work, he gave up 71 hits, 40 runs, 37 earned while walking 27 and striking out 63.

In a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter, Manoah said the following

My time spent with the Mets has been unbelievable. I look ready to start a new career with the Angels.

I want to thank the Mets for the last 3 years and for giving me the chance to pitch professional baseball with a world class organization.

For his Mets career, Erik Manoah appeared with the GCL Mets, Kingsport Mets & Brooklyn Cyclones. He went 9-10 with 3 saves. In 35 games, Manoah threw 151.0 innings, gave up 155 hits, 98 runs, 86 earned runs, 11 homers, 68 walks, struck out 139, hit 18 batters and faced 674 batters.

Erik Manoah Celebrating Win with Fans (c) Pat Sanchez

Erik Manoah & Harol Gonzalez Celebrating Win with Fans (c) Pat Sanchez

  1. […] fill the roster spot of the recently traded Erik Manoah, the New York Mets promoted Right Handed Pitchers Gregorix Estevez and Jordan Humphreys from the […]