qmeme_1472957493335_653The Cyclones moved back to .500 on the season, as the avoided losing the three game series in Aberdeen.

It was a pitcher’s duel from the start. Both Aberdeen Ironbirds starter Alex Wells and Brooklyn Cyclones starter Raul Jacobson each pitched scoreless frames through 5 innings.

The Top of the 6th saw some pitching changes, as Max Knutson was summoned in to pitch in place of Wells. Kuntson ran into trouble from the get-go.

Colby Woodmansee (c) Pat Sanchez

Colby Woodmansee (c) Pat Sanchez

Gene Cone & Luis Carpio hit 2-out singles and Michael Paez walked to load the bases. Colby Woodmansee singled to right, scoring Cone & Carpio with Paez being thrown out at the plate. However, Brooklyn had a 2-0 lead.

Raul Jacobson (c) Pat Sanchez

Raul Jacobson (c) Pat Sanchez

After another scoreless inning, Jacobson was pulled for Gary Cornish. Jacobson finished the night with 6 shutout innings, allowing just 4 hits.

After two scoreless innings, Cornish ran into trouble in the Bottom of the 9th.

Gary Cornish (c) Pat Sanchez

Gary Cornish (c) Pat Sanchez

Preston Palmeiro & Seamus Curran hit 1-out singles to make it 1st & 2nd. Ryan McKenna came in to run for Curran. Alejandro Juvier struck out for the 2nd out of the inning. A passed ball by catcher Dan Rizzie made it 2nd & 3rd. A walk by Cornish to Irving Ortega loaded the bases for Aberdeen.

However, Cornish came through as he struck out Jaylen Ferguson to end the game, giving Brooklyn a quick win.

LS Win ABD 9316

BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY