Tom Gamboa Israel

Tom Gamboa

Tom Gamboa might be retiring from managing the Brooklyn Cyclones, but he is not leaving the dugout or locker rooms of MCU Park anytime soon.

Gamboa informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he will be serving as a member of the coaching staff for Team Israel at the World Baseball Classic Qualifier. The Qualifier takes place at MCU Park and runs from September 22nd to 25th.

Gamboa, who is not of Jewish descent or eligible for the Israeli Law of Return, will be filling in for the original slated coach, due to that coach having an ill family member.

  1. […] announced in August that he would be remaining in Brooklyn for a few extra weeks, as he was joining the coaching staff […]