Bolts Fans Host a Tribute Parade on the Field (c) Pat Sanchez

Bolts Fans Host a Tribute Parade on the Field (c) Pat Sanchez

With the announcement that the Brooklyn Bolts & the FXFL would be folding, many of the Bolts fans wanted to honor the team one last time at MCU Park before the close of the 2016 Brooklyn Cyclones season.

So, the Boardwalk Battalion, led by Samuel Williams & Daniel S. Weiss, decided that Salute to the Brooklyn Bolts Night would be held on Wednesday, August 31st. Fans who wanted to join in simply had to wear any type of Brooklyn Bolts apparel to the Brooklyn Cyclones vs Auburn Doubledays game.

Over 100 fans who attended the game that saw the Cyclones win 9-2, wore some form of Brooklyn Bolts gear. Almost everyone who participated had on a Brooklyn Bolts cap. Many fans were rocking giveaway jerseys from the team’s two championship seasons.

Thank You Pat Sanchez for all the Photos

Thank You Pat Sanchez for all the Photos

Following the Brooklyn Cyclones game, all fans in the ballpark were allowed to run the bases. 15 Bolts fans decided to join in on an impromptu “Bolts Championship Walk.”

Using a folded up Brooklyn Bolts blanket as a banner / flag, the Bolts fans waited to be the last ones to circle the bases of MCU Park, the same field which saw the Brooklyn Bolts got 5-1 in all sorts of weather.

As the fans rounded third base and headed towards home plate, they began chants of “THANK YOU BOLTS!” which was received very well by the Brooklyn Cyclones staff, who operated the Brooklyn Bolts for two season.

MESSAGE FROM DANIEL WEISS

Coordinated by Daniel S. Weiss

Coordinated by Daniel S. Weiss

First things first, thank you to everyone who joined in on Salute to the Brooklyn Bolts Night. Special shout out to my great friend & photographer Pat Sanchez for taking all the great pictures which can be found below. Also, thank you to Sam Williams for helping me coordinate anything.

Finally, thank you to the MCU Park security staff for letting us get our pictures on the field and showing patience with us, as we purposely waited to be the last group to go around the bases.

It is a shame the Bolts will not be returning, despite the love we had for it. It is also shame we could never celebrate our two “championship” seasons. Perhaps a walk around the bases with Bolts gear was the only way we could celebrate it.

As we were rounding the bases, one of the fans walking with us said something to me that many of us were thinking.

This shows that the Bolts fans were the best in the FXFL. This is the most fitting things that we, the fans, can do for a team that is dead.

That fan was probably right in every way.

Last night, I had a conversation with Sam. We decided that once a season, we will designate one Brooklyn Cyclones home game as Brooklyn Bolts night. While the Bolts won’t exist anymore, there is no reason we should not remember the fun times we had. The 2017 date will be announced sometime next summer.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Those who would like to purchase Brooklyn Bolts gear should head over to the Brooklyn Cyclones team store, where all Bolts items are 70% off.

  1. BTW, I live in Oregon. LOL!

    Like

  2. Hey, save me a few items! Even if I have to go to eBay to find then, I’ve become a big Bolts fan even though the league didn’t stand a chance. Perhaps the Bolts can join the Arena Football League under better and more responsible ownership (other than the league) and play at the Barclays Center?